Was sleeping at your home mattress too nerve-wracking that you find comfort only when sleeping on hotel beds?
Starting from the right bed-frame size for a room, fixing your bedroom to suit your circadian rhythm can be daunting at first, but is actually therapeutic in action. Apart from avoiding buying yourself a crib when mattress shopping, one must know some necessary things about universally accepted mattress sizes.
Determining the right sized mattress can help the natural curvature of the body align aptly with the sleep posture. The popular types of mattresses today are Water, Air, Innerspring, Hybrid, Futon, Gel, Latex, Memory Foam and adjustable frames.
Size-Types of Mattresses:
Choosing the right mattress is essential because a person spends one-third of his or her life on the bed. Sleep has deeper relations to the subconscious as well as daytime moods. Mattress tests are conducted through simulations that processes scores of battery tests like that of 308-Pound Roller over 30,000 times. These tests infer how long a mattress can be subjected of specific types of everyday usages and durability.
When choosing the right sized mattress, the user must analyse the space required by him or her (properly analyze with measurements) by writing down the approximate width and length required. Choose a mattress that overwhelms and corrects your sleep posture defects. Some available varieties of mattresses according to their sizes are
Twin and Twin XL Size Mattress:
– Smallest option for quality mattresses, Twin size is a universal size for 38” Wide X 75” Long. Generally best to accommodate a single sleeper it can also support an adult plus child, at times.
– These can turn to be too small for certain adults and there are options like. Hence, there are Twin XL mattresses for their aide. Twin XL mattress is 39” Wide X 80” Long.
Full Size Mattress:
– A Full mattress size is an affordable alternative for middle-class families living in tight spaces. It comes in the universal size 54” Wide X 75” Long. Also known as double standard beds, Full option for the mattress size is sufficient for one person, but almost tight for two.
– However full can be custom-made longer (as it is just as long as the Twin-75” and merely 15 inches wider) to suit one’s benefits. As by metrics, two persons sleeping on a Full mattress is equivalent to their single experience on a crib mattress (27”).
Queen Size Mattress:
– Universal Queen Size is 60” Wide X 80” Long and is a perfect bed for a couple. The best queen size mattress provides ideal space for stretch out as well as saving some space in the room by not opting for King Size.
– It is 6” Wider X 5” Longer than the standard Full option mattress and ideal for couples with sufficient room space. It is also ideal for sleepers who like to sprawl (sprawlers).
King Size Mattress:
– A flawless bed for couples, the dimensions of this mattress is 76” Wide X 80” Long, oddly 18” wider than the queen size mattress. This mattress is designed grandly to provide maximum space for the couples to stretch out on the same bed. Alternatively, even, have a nap with the kids and pets (like a King) as a whole family!
– Known as the Eastern King, one must be wary during the purchase of the best king size mattress where you get a ‘split king’ bed of adjustable frame- Twin XL beds! Additionally, King Size waterbeds are a perfect mattress choice as well.
California King Size Mattress:
– What is better than Eastern King? A Western King or California King mattress is 72” Wide X 85” Long and renowned for couples who demand private space in the bed. It is 4” shallower than King Size mattresses, however being 4”-5” Longer than King Size makes up for it!
– It is designed by the scientific space provision of 6” wider that each person needs on the bed and is an ideal mattress for adjustable bed choices. California King is also fitting if you sleep with kids or have pets with mattress privileges.
Futon Size Mattress:
– This is a thicker variety of mattress with multiple functionalities like being, couch at daytime and mattress at night. These are an ideal alternative for people who fancy multifunctional things. As these mattresses are made of batting, cotton or synthetic fibres, it is ideally thick for sitting or sleeping position too!
– Futons are available in various sizes with respect to its gauge.
Crib/ Toddler Size Mattress:
– Crib mattress ought to be plush + firm. It should not sink in or push out the baby to cause any damage. Choose a mattress that gives enough length and width for your baby to move around in the rib.
– The raw material of the mattress must be comfortable to the baby. Usual choices are innerspring/ solid foam, but a parent must double check to ensure that the mattress is firm enough for the baby’s safety.
Apart from the above, there are mattresses that you can custom design with proper firmness, plush and other adequate parameters to give an enhanced deeper sleep to the user. Mattresses sizes are different (slightly) in different Region’s Standard Mattress Sizes. All mattress sizes are made slightly lesser than the bed frame sizes for apt fittings. For better fittings, crosscheck the measurements of the mattress and frame before you purchase.