Insomnia is sleeplessness condition known as disorder like anther disorder in a human body. Lack of freshness when awake from sleep.
What is Insomnia ?
In spite of the best efforts and congenial condition in your bedroom or any other place of sleeping, if you are not getting a good sleep, such a condition is called Insomnia? It can be any type of feebleness of physical or mental health. It is generally observed that after day’s hard work and tiredness, one cannot have a required sleep. It is known as sleep disorder i.e. Insomnia.
What is sleep ?
Insomnia is sleeplessness surely, then what is sleep, sleep in which we close our eyes, muscle and nerves are relaxed and suspension of consciousness. Those who are not suffering from the sleeplessness, they naturally say “I love sleep” and when you don’t get and it and it remains elusive to you, the disorder is inevitable. Your efforts to achieve something easily are the example of your sure love and it can be your beloved sleep. Sleep is pleasure and loveable condition. It is a sweet revenge from tiredness. The conditions in Insomnia are quite opposite to sleep.
What happens when you get Insomnia
Eyes are hard to close in spite of the pressure, muscles are tense and paining sometime nervous breakdown meaning that we are fully conscious about the fact that we are not sleeping. We want to see and watch something but we are not able to do the same. If you can’t sleep, you cannot achieve. Timings for sleep are usually in the night after full day’s hard labour and work, but some people sleep in the day, or anytime or at any place. So we can sum up that sleep is something which is at your command provided you follows the conducive conditions of sleep.
When Insomnia occurs
Mental conditions which are caused due to restlessness, worries and untoward happenings in life, when something unexpected happens in life. The condition of Insomnia occurs. There are two conditions of trouble in Insomnia.
- Fall asleep
- Stay asleep
Men having too less sleep or poor quality of sleep. They may not feel refreshed when they wake up and Insomnia starts.
- Lack of quality full hours of sleep.
- Quantity of sleep fixed hours.
Types of Insomnia:-
- Transitory: Brief, fleeting and from a few days to some weeks.
- Acute Insomnia: Short-lived for several weeks, sharp and penetrative.
- Chronic: Ceaseless, deep rooted, never ending lasts for months. Causing side effects.
Effects of Insomnia
Insomnia can affect at any age, but it affects women most. One can lose performance although he knows and sure about his/her capabilities.
What is common problems of Insomnia ?
• Obesity: Mainly in women who fall prey to Insomnia easily and the start getting obesity.
• Loss of concentration problems
• Memory problems
• Malfunctioning of immune system
• Reduced reaction time
• Cerulean of chronic diseases
Causes of Insomnia:
• A disruption in circadian system is those which disturb your sleep orders. The disruption in circadian of 24 hours clock, when we sleep and when we wake up, these are jetlag, job shift, noisiness, hotness, coldness.
• Psychological issues: – mood disorder , depression, bewildering
• Medical condition: – blood clotting in brain, tumour, strokes, chronic pain, fatigue for cardiac arrest due to congestion, asthma arthritis.
• Hormones shifting during menstruation cycle.
• Smoking, presence of parasites, over active mind pregnancy, media technologies in bedroom like, TV, TV games, music system.
• Taking overdose of prohibited medicine in steroids, Stalin, alpha lockers, anti depression, allergic medicine and dietary supplements.
Who can easily fall prey to Insomnia?
- Shift wakens who continually change then shift of working.
- Alone elders.
- Drug addicts.
- Unguided Adolescence.
- Menopausal women.
- Mentally sick persons.
- Psychological syndrome.
Test and treatment:
- Conditions causing Insomnia.
- To check the duration of Insomnia.
- To closely observe sleeping pattern, keep sleep diary.
- To study sleep through polysomnograph.
Non pharmacological treatment
- Improve sleep hygiene- no over or under sleep.
- No taking of caffeine, smoking or remain hungry before your regular sleep.
- Comfortable environment.
- Stimulus control therapy: – TV, reading, eating or worrying before going to bed. No alarm setting.
- Choose the best mattress for side sleepers, especially if you have back or hip pain.
- Take medicines as prescribed by the physicians. Don’t be your own doctor.