We often suffer from sleeplessness due to the discomfort caused or because we feel hot. Sleeplessness is not at all god for health. You need to get the sufficient rest to remain healthy as well as to carry on with your day-to-day activities. And this can be achieved only if you feel cool and relaxed. But how to stay cool at night? It involves steps at both physical and mental levels. Read on to know about the ways by which it can be achieved:
- Have Cooling Options at Home: The advancement of technology has given us a number of cooling options to lower the temperature of your bed-room. You may use an air-conditioner or even an electric cooler.
- Wear Light Clothes: You should always wear lighter clothes that will help you in keeping cool. Such clothes help in a better circulation of the air and give you a breezy feeling. The dress that you wear to bed should not only be made using a thinner material but should also be loose in fitting too.
- Tie Your Hair: If you have got long hair, tie it up irrespective of your gender. Untied hair will make you feel uncomfortable and will also not let you stay cool. So, it is better to tie it up neatly. However, do not tie it too tightly. This will not be of any use and will rather hamper your sleep. Also, do not try out any fashionable hair-style and do not use a lot of clips and bands. Try out something simple and clean.
- Keep the Windows Open: Let there be a proper circulation of air in your room. Let the air circulate. And if the external noise becomes a problem here, use earplugs to avoid the same.
- Take a Shower before Going to the Bed: Always have a refreshing shower (using lukewarm water) before you go off to sleep. You can even add a few drops of an essential oil to feel refreshed. Avoid this only if it is extremely cold or in case you are sick.
- Have a Light Dinner: A heavy dinner before going to the sleep can lead to digestion problems and will not allow you to stay cool. Instead, sweating and other related problems may occur. So, it is advisable that you have a lighter dinner and drink water after that to ensure a healthy digestion.
- Do Not Use Thicker Coves and Blankets: Do not unnecessarily use covers or blankets which will make you feel hot. You must prefer the thinner Duvets that are easily available. These will prevent your body from getting heated up and help you to stay cool.
- Cooling Your Home: If you are living in a place with extremely hot climatic conditions, you will be required to maintain the temperature of your room. This can be done by pouring water over the roof.
- Listen to Light Music: Staying cool is not only about the temperature but also about your mental state. So, you need to calm down first. Listening to good music can be a good option here. It will help your nerve muscles to relax and allow you to soothe.
- Read a Book: Reading book is something for which we do not get the time in today’s digital world. Many of us lack the patience for the same. But reading a book has been traditionally used as a way to fall asleep faster. However, you should not read thrillers or detective novels. Read something light, simple and fun. If you are stressed out due to the activities of the day or are tensed about the next day and are distracted as a result, books are something that will help you.
- A Less-Noisy Environment: A noisy environment is unfavorable of sleep. You must ensure that people around you do not make much noise which will disturb your sleep. If you are sleeping in an environment where there is a lot of mixed noise, you may use white noise to nullify it and stay cool during sleep.
- Pacify Your Brain: Let your brain think of nothing else. Do not think about your worries, your pain and do not feel tensed about something. You should not get distracted with any random thoughts coming into your mind. This can be done by counting the numbers from 1 to 100 and back from 100 to 1.
So, all these are the ways by means of which you can stay cool during sleep. Try to follow each of them and have a great night’s sleep.
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below and feel free to share it with others.